Monday, October 15, 2012

Balance...

It's been exactly four weeks since I received the call, (are you sick of me mentioning it yet) and it's been a whirlwind of activity, in mostly a good way. I'm working on book #2 which will be a work in progress for some time to come. There are also big changes on the home front with the hubster accepting a new job which means moving to a new city.
So with keeping the house tidy for prospective buyers, to day job and a deadline for book 2, and kids, something's going to give.

So, I'm throwing the question out there....

How do you find balance in your life? What are the things you're willing to let go and what can never slip?

5 comments:

Christina Hollis said...

Congratulations again, Sri, on the basis you can never have too many pats on the back!
I'm sorry to say my only advice will be of absolutely no help to you at the moment - that is to let the housework slide. Once my family is well-fed and cared for, writing comes top of my agenda and I'm afraid Tottering Towers becomes Fluff-Puppy Palace.
Good luck with your second book, and with the house sale!

Olivia Miles said...

Moving?!! You know I understand! Where are you going.....Chicago? (crosses fingers)

Helena Fairfax said...

Congratulations, Sri. I read your great post on I Heart Presents re getting the call. It gave me hope for my own writing and I can't wait to read your book. I agree with Christina - let the housework wait! You'll never beat grime, anyway, so what the heck! Give your time to your family and your writing...and best of luck with everything!
https://helenafairfax.wordpress.com/

Romy Sommer said...

The one thing I let slide is sleep. What a waste of good hours that is!

You know I feel for you, Sri, and can identify with the shortage of time. The only thing I'mNOT prepared to let slip is quality time with my kids. Everything else is negotiable.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

We'll never get sick of hearing, Sri :0).

I agree with Christina about housework. :0)

xx