Monday, April 9, 2012

Romance Minx in ridiculous rhyme shocker!



Spring is sprung, the grass is riz,
This romance minx is in a tiz.
Conflict, character arcs, POV...
I think I need a cup of tea,
With mini eggs (I'll have a few),
And maybe a cream egg or two.
Before I sit down at my Mac
And wonder what my story lacks.


A tortured hero, a dead parent or two?
I feel a stirring to write something new.
Not a heroine with a nasty ex,
Or perfect euphemistic sex.
But characters I'd like to know,
Traveling to places I'd like to go.
Plot twists that tantalise and please, 
And sexy heroes who love to tease...

But before I do
I think I'll have another egg or two ;-)


Any rhyming readers out there? Please add your own lines in a comments box.

3 comments:

Romy Sommer said...

I love that idea of "travelling to places I'd love to go". That's a great reason to read romance.

Now I'm off to think of my own rhyme. What rhymes with fireman?

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Great stuff, Lorraine. Reminded me of Dr Seuss - a great favourite in our house.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
I'm trying to think of something clever
But suzanne is rubbish at rhymes
:0(

XX

Lorraine said...

Me too Romy, I love books that broaden my horizons :-)

Thanks Suz, at least you had a go, it's meant to be just a silly bit of fun.